Ultrasonic Cleaning FAQs
1. What is ultrasound and how does it work?
Click here to learn more
2. What is the ultrasonic wattage of the Omegasonics table top washers?
4050TT 45 Watts
4075TT 90 Watts
4175TT 135 Watts
4275TT 180 Watts
4375TT 180 Watts
4575TT 270 Watts
4775TT 360 Watts
3. Are the ultrasonic table top units available in 240 volts?
Yes. The units are available in a 230 volt version. Please contact our office for exact pricing.
4. Is a basket necessary with the table top units?
Either a basket, beaker holder or some device to suspend the parts being cleaned is required so that parts are not placed directly on the bottom of the ultrasonic unit. Placing items on the radiating surface of any ultrasonic cleaning system will accelerate cavitation erosion and reduce the overall life expectancy of the unit.
5. What sets Omegasonics apart from your competition?
Our energy efficient electrical design, our unique use of immersible transducers which minimize the power dampening effects of sludge build-up and the unprecedented reliability of our ultrasonic parts washing systems. Another key factor is our willingness to test different cleaning applications using a variety of aqueous cleaning solutions, techniques and ultrasonic systems is unparalleled.
6. Are custom units available?
Yes. Custom size units, custom controls, customized functions, ultrasonic console systems, ultrasonic transducer retrofit packages are all available. Please contact our headquarters for you specific ultrasonic needs.
7. Do the ultrasonic table top washers have filtration?
No. Filtration is available on our ultrasonic floor model parts washers and console systems. Adding filtration to the ultrasonic table tops is generally not practical even by the end user.
8. Do the ultrasonic table-top units come with lids?
Yes. All table top systems come with a lift-off stainless steel lid.
9. Does Omegasonics offer any discounts off retail prices?
Yes. Omegasonics offers monthly promotional specials on many of our ultrasonic machines. Please contact our sales office for details.
10. Can ultrasonic cleaning soaps be purchased in quantities other than 5 gallons?
Yes. We offer 1 gallon, 2-1/2 gallon, 30 gallon and 55 gallon containers. Contact Omegasonics as not all ultrasonic cleaning agents are available in each container size.
11. Is it possible to see an ultrasonic parts washing system operate before purchasing?
Yes. Depending on your location, we may have a representative in your area that can demonstrate the equipment at your facility. If a local representative is not available, we also have a “Demo Program” that is available on most models. Please contact Omegasonics for details.
12. Are service technicians available for service calls?
Omegasonics ultrasonic cleaning equipment is generally designed to be field repairable. Our ultrasonic floor models utilize a plug-and-play technology that allows most users to contact the factory for over-the-phone customer support and easy replacement of any defective component. It is very rare that a floor model would require a service technician. Our ultrasonic table top washers are sent in to a centralized repair department for repairs which generally are turned around in one (1) to two (2) days.
13. Can parts be sent into Omegasonics for test cleaning prior to purchasing?
Yes. Many clients have sent parts to Omegasonics for test cleaning. We prefer that several parts be sent so that we can determine the proper chemistry, the proper dilution ratio, heat, time and orientation to the ultrasonic transducer.
14. What is the warranty on the Omegasonics ultrasonic parts cleaning machines?
Our ultrasonic table tops are one (1) for parts while our line of Omega Pro floor model washers is two (2) years.
15. Can ultrasonic systems be leased?
Omegasonics offers a lease-to-own program for systems valued over $2,000.00. This program is administered through third party equipment leasing companies. Available lease programs are Fair Market Value (FMV) or $1.00 Cash Out leases. Terms can range from 24, 36, 48 or 60 month terms. Contact Omegasonics for your exact requirements.
16. Can ultrasonic washing equipment be rented?
Not usually. Contact Omegasonics for your exact requirements and we will see if a suitable rental procedure is possible.
17. Are the Omega Pro models available in any other color than green?
Yes. Custom colors are available for a price adder of $495.00. Delivery can be delayed in some cases depending on the color and model chosen.
18. What is the delivery time?
Delivery is a function of the type of unit purchased. Table tops are usually stock and can be shipped within one (1) day. Ultrasonic floor models are sometimes available from stock, but can take up to four(4) weeks. Custom units take longer. Contact Omegasonics for our specific needs.
19. Does Omegasonics offer used ultrasonic cleaning equipment?
Yes. Occasionally we have used equipment available at a reduced price. Contact Omegasonics for your specific requirement.